Friday, March 22, 2013

A dragon and a snowstorm


Hi everyone, and welcome to the new followers! : )

I am sorry I haven't been posting since last Sunday. Not only it has been quite a busy week, but I had teeth problems (again!), and anti-inflammatory drugs are my best friends at the moment. : (

But, on the bright side.. there was a remarkable snowstorm, and now the sun is shining bright on a beautiful white landscape! And I got the chance to take a few pics of the first spring flowers under the snow! :D


Other (possibly) remarkable things:

- I have been working quite a lot, so expect a few new entries in my shop soon! (if only I can find the time to take proper pics and upload them)

- a couple days ago it was my mother's birthday. And since I live too far away to visit, I sent her a huge (and unexpected) bouquet from a fancy florist! ; ) Bonus, she's probably coming to visit us soon, which means lots of hugs, some nice time together and.. food supplies as well! : )

- I got this absolutely AWESOME feedback from the vinyl toys community. My first custom, the mini Munny faun, was featured on Urban Vinyl Daily, Toycutter and Vinyltoys.kz, and it also received quite a lot of attention on Facebook and on the Kidrobot forum where I first posted it. The whole thing came totally unexpected, but I am so happy and grateful for the amazing support and interest fro my work. :D


- according to the post title, I promised you a dragon, right? So let me intruduce my second vinyl custom. I switched down from 4 to 2.5 inches, and I turned a Kidrobot Micro Munny into a cute miniature dragon!
Distinguishing marks: a delicate lilac skin, a certain greediness for macarons, and a tiny florentine lily tattoo on his back!

Some work in progress pics..













And the final result! : )

With his bigger brother..


..and in my hands! : )


Hope you will like him! : )

Wish you a nice weekend, and please don't forget to join my Springtime Giveaway! And if you have shared it on your blog, remember to leave a second comment to the giveaway post, to double your winning chances! :D


EDIT: the tiny dragon is now available FOR SALE here



16 comments:

  1. Hello from Spain, great Job. I like. Very cute. Keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Mijbil,
    Thank you for sharing the way you work.
    Hugs Dorien

    ReplyDelete
  3. O pequeno Dragão é lindo, assim como o Fauno.
    Parabéns pelo reconhecimento desses incríveis trabalhos com os Munnys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my goodness he is soo cute!! You are so talented- I love every single creation you show us :) What a beautiful picture of the flowers peeking through the snow--spring is coming whether winter wants to admit it or not!!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. He is adorable gorgeous little dragon. I love the picture of the snow and first flowers its beautiful.
    Hugs Maria

    ReplyDelete
  6. such a charming creature and toy!! so fun to watch or see the stages you took to create it!

    such a lovely photograph too, i hope your flowers survived the snow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The little dragon is adorable.
    Bye Faby

    ReplyDelete
  8. Son absolutamente adorables!!!
    Gracias por el tutorial, te hn quedado preciosos!!
    besitos ascension

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are just amazing. So full of character and personality.

    ReplyDelete
  10. me encanta lo que haces con esos muñequitos , ni siquiera parecen los mismos , es un trabajo fantastico , a mi marido le ha encantado los dos muñecos

    besitos

    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dina drakar är jättesöta!

    Lil/Lilian

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope you are better and overcoming your teeth trouble. Your characters are always adorable. No wonder they get so much attention. I love the little dragon.
    Hugs, Drora

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Mijbil, wonderful miniatures. I love both of them

    Hugs
    Kike

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hola Mijbil!,te ha quedado hermoso el dragon muy fino,felicitaciones! un saludo Adriana.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hola Mijbil!,te ha quedado hermoso el dragon muy fino,felicitaciones! un saludo Adriana.

    ReplyDelete