Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Artisans I love Halloween edition #2: creepily awesome!


I know it took me more than expected to complete my collection of creepy, spooky and amazing little creatures. I had a rather intense week, not to mention an unexpected visit from my dad, who came all the way from Italy and stayed with us a few days. But now I'm back, and ready to introduce the work of some of my favourite artists. Hope you will like them! : )


Let's start with the wonderful magic creatures from Magweno. I felt really guilty while choosing which ones to include here, because her incredible bestiarium includes an endless range of dragons, jackalopes, griphons that look just too perfect to be real. So, I warmly suggest that you check for yourself on her shop, and take the time to explore! : )



I am so much in love with Maddy's creations that I follow her on Tumblr as well!

Next stop, the fantasy world of Meowness! : )


Her Etsy shop is a whimsical gathering of tiny creatures, jointed dolls, miniatre clay houses and one of a kind t-shirts.. but for a more complete overview on her amazing creativity you should definitely browse her DeviantArt account too!



Our next fantasy world is called.. OddFauna!


I've had this Etsy shop between my favourites for quite a long time, before realizing that all the newest creations have moved to Storenvy. Still, Emma's distinctive style hasn't changed, and I am in love with the new creatures as much as I was with the old ones.
Not to mention her lovely ilustrations! : )





Some of you might already know the unique style of the talented Chris Ryniak, but that is not a good reason not to include his gorgeous little monsters!


Big black eyes, pop colours and a mix of textures, tiny mouths and long claws, these are the recrring elements in Chris' universe of wrinkled creatures.
Such an inspiration for so many artists and artisans! : )




And as yo know, I love working with vinyl toys from time to time (by the way, new Munnys coming soon!), so I couldn't really dedicate a little space in this post to two amazing art toy creators! : )


Number 1: HausOfBoz!
Colourful, bizarre and absolutely stnning, these art toys stole my heart.. and bonus point, the creator is a big fan of Watership Down! :D



Number 2: Yosiell Lorenzo


I stumbled upon his custom toys on Storenvy, and I got immediately fashinated by the mix of detailed sculpts and intricate sets, that make his items look like a compete scene from a fantasy world rather than single pieces. Go check them out!



And finally, since you know me and my hopeless addiction to cuteness (yeah, I know, I had promised a 100% creepy post, but I just couldn't resist!).. here are the fantastic creatures from the incredible Russian artist Santani!


They are rather popular on Pinterest too, so there's a chance you alreday saw them there. And if you haven't, don't miss the chance now, because seriously, can you immagine any art doll that looks more adorable than these? : )



And that's all for now!
But if you have suggestions about miniature artists/toy designers that I might inclde in my next collections, I'd love to hear that from you!

Big spooky hugs,

Mijbil

10 comments:

  1. Wow, what an amazing array of talent. I think even the creepy ones are cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!! My inner NERD is freaking out! THNX for all the great links!
    Hug AM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another great article, I really loved this :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for your support! It's so nice to share gorgeous finds and see that others like them too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello from Spain: amazing little creatures. They are very original. Keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
  6. Creepy indeed but wow the creativity amazes me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Quanta creatività e fantasia!
    Saluti, Faby

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been following a few of these artists already but I love seeing all their work together! And the new artists have been officially added to my facebook and etsy store favourites ;P Thank you for sharing Mijbil! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. These creatures are totally an inspiration for my book I've been writing. Thanks for posting these so I can credit the artists and see some of the cutest little creatures!

    ReplyDelete